RapidWeaver is very much our main focus at Realmac Software, however, we hope to be able to continue to develop and update Ember as a side-project when time permits. This means Ember 2 will be free for the duration of the Alpha/Beta phase and development will be slow. We can't say when or if we'll ever ship the final version.
You are free to use the alpha of Ember 2 with all the usual caveats applied that come with running in-development software.
This Alpha does not represent the final version of Ember, the UI and feature set will change. Consider this a work-in-progress snapshot.
- Ember no longer supports RSS feeds
- Annotation tools have been re-written from the ground-up.
- Library Managment (adding/removing/tagging)
- Annotation Tools (Although they still need some more polish and refinement)
- Built-in web snapping (just about)
- System Menubar item
- Share Menu
- A lot of the UI
- Lots and lots of little things.
If you intend to move to Ember 2 you'll want to read our "How to migrate your Ember 1 Library to Ember 2 help article" — You'll also want to keep in mind that this is an alpha build and as such things will not work as expected and are subject to huge change.
Download Ember 2 (alpha)
We have a super early alpha of Ember 2 available for you to use and test. It's far from finished, and a lot of parts are pretty broken, but it does work on High Sierra so it's not all bad!
- Download Ember 2.0 Alpha 1 (28th September 2017)
We are not taking bug reports at this time (mainly due to so much being broken).